KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. — ImageFIRST, a provider of linen, laundry, and safety and hygiene services, recently announced the winners of its third Annual HeroesFIRST Contest.
Following a nationwide vote, the Heroes that received the most votes will be awarded a cash prize, totaling $15,000. The top three winners are:
- Elaine Moyer, Christus Santa Rosa Hospital in San Antonio
- Tammy Wilson, Milwaukee Surgical Suites in Franklin, Wisconsin
- Ruben Reinis, Nicklaus Children's Ambulatory Surgery Center in Miami
Local celebrations will be held for each winner.
For the HeroesFIRST contest, ImageFIRST associates recognize exceptional Healthcare Heroes who go above and beyond to positively impact the lives of their patients.
After receiving more than 480 nominations from the ImageFIRST Service Team, nine Healthcare Heroes were chosen as finalists.
Votes were cast by the public on the contest’s website for the Hero who inspired them the most.
HeroesFIRST was filled with many heartwarming stories that deeply impacted both associates and customers.
“I would like to express my sincere admiration and gratitude for Elaine Moyer’s exceptional and devoted care. Her nomination is truly well-deserved,” says Marcello Nieto, an ImageFIRST service manager in San Antonio.
“Her unwavering dedication to providing loving care to her patients is evident in everything she does. Elaine's selflessness is truly admirable, as she consistently goes above and beyond to make sure they have everything they need.
“Her genuine compassion shines through, and it serves as an inspiration to all those around her. Elaine’s commitment to making a difference in the lives of others is truly remarkable.”
In expressing her extreme gratitude for the recognition, HeroesFIRST winner and pre-op nurse at Christus Santa Rosa Hospital, Moyer shares, “I would like to thank everyone who supported me by voting. I would also like to thank my colleagues and everyone who has played a role in my HeroesFIRST nomination. Without your support, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
The remaining finalists and runners-up will also be awarded a cash prize for their remarkable work:
- Lisa Hennessey, South Shore Health Center for Wound Healing, Weymouth, Massachusetts
- Tammy Vogler, Perry County Memorial Hospital, Tell City, Indiana
- Juanita Jones, Innovative Procedural in Las Vegas
- Yudelka Zapata, Landmark Medical Center, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
- Laura Curtis, Center for Digestive Endoscopy in Orlando
- Suzanne Aultman, Ortho Atlanta Piedmont in Atlanta
If preferred, an equivalent donation will be made to a charity of choice for the winners, finalists and runners-up.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Matt Poe at [email protected].