ALEXANDRIA, Va. — TRSA, the association for linen, uniform and facility services, reports that it has amended the remainder of its 2020 professional development and conference.
The association’s 107th Annual Conference, originally set for October in Alexandria, Virginia, has been canceled, and two remaining events, the Marketing and Sales Summit and Healthcare Conference, will be held virtually.
TRSA says that throughout the late spring and summer, it has seen its professional development and networking opportunities pivot from in-person to virtual platforms due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On July 15, TRSA says it hosted the 3rd Annual Leadership Summit as a virtual event and debuted a new hosting platform that provided an enhanced user experience in terms of participation, networking and collaboration.
The association says that the success of the program underscored its goals of providing quality professional-development experiences despite the physical limitations in place around the world at this time.
TRSA will continue to offer webinars regularly on big issues affecting the industry, as well as core competencies and best practices. Additionally, these virtual events are on the fall calendar and will feature live keynotes, workshops, breakouts and interactive panels via the new hosting platform:
- TRSA Virtual Marketing and Sales Summit, Nov. 17-18, 2020.
- TRSA Virtual Healthcare Conference, Dec. 1-3, 2020.
TRSA’s 107th Annual Conference, originally set for October in Alexandria, Virginia, has been canceled; the Lifetime Achievement and Industry Award Winners will be recognized in 2021 at the in-person TRSA 11th Annual Legislative Conference at National Harbor, Maryland, March 24-25.
“Our top priority remains the health and safety of all who support TRSA in-person events, from attendees and sponsors, presenters and task force volunteers and the TRSA staff,” says Joseph Ricci, TRSA president and CEO. “While we are disappointed to miss the in-person networking and collaboration that is the hallmark of our live events, we are excited about the upgraded hosting platform that will provide a conduit to an engaging, vital learning experience.”
The 2021 in-person core programs and events include:
- March 24-25, 2021, 11th Annual Legislative Conference, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland.
- June 9, 2021, Clean Show Welcome Reception, College Football Hall of Fame, Atlanta.
- August 8-12, 2021, 57th Annual Executive Management Institute (EMI), 32nd Annual Professional Management Institute (PMI), 29th Annual Maintenance Management Institute, College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, Hyattsville, Maryland.
- October 19-22, 2021, 108th Annual Conference, Cape Rey Carlsbad Beach, A Hilton Resort & Spa, Carlsbad, California.
- November 17-18, 2021, 10th Annual Healthcare Conference, Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel, Plano, Texas.
For additional information on TRSA's upcoming webinars, regional town halls, market-specific roundtables and professional-development, and updates to the 2021 events, visit www.trsa.org/calendar.