Survey: Most Attendees Satisfied with Clean 2015 in Atlanta

Matt Poe |

Respondents likely to do business because of show

CHICAGO — It had been 28 years since the Clean Show had taken place in Atlanta, and before Clean 2015, some in the industry were unsure of how it would go.

According to the results of this month’s American Laundry News Your Views survey, respondents who attended the show in April were quite pleased with the event.

“Atlanta was a good location and should become part of the regular show rotation, which also includes New Orleans and Las Vegas,” one respondent writes.

The majority of respondents (61.9%) were “fully satisfied” with their experience at Clean 2015. The remaining 38.1% were “somewhat satisfied.”

In fact, 90.9% of respondents who attended the show say they are more likely to do business with certain manufacturers, distributors and suppliers because of the information they received at Clean 2015.

While at the show, survey respondents were on the lookout for certain types of exhibits. Those most cited in the survey were:

  • Textile products
  • Chemicals
  • Washers
  • Finishing equipment
  • Carts

Some respondents had specific products or services they were looking for. One respondent made a point to look for products new to the industry. Others looked for equipment. Systems—including productivity systems and water- and energy-management systems—were also a high priority for some who attended the show.

Besides the exhibits on the show floor, some 33 hours of educational sessions took place at Clean 2015. Nearly half of respondents who attended (47.6%) didn’t attend an educational session.

Roughly 24% made it to four or more educational sessions, and 14.3% went to two sessions.

One respondent writes, “I missed some educational sessions that I would have liked to attend, but they were scheduled at the same time. So, I had to make a choice.”

Among survey respondents who weren’t able to attend Clean 2015, they, too, had to make a choice. The most common obstacle—cited by equal shares of 42.4%—was their “budget didn’t allow it” or they “couldn’t work it into the schedule.”

Other reasons for not attending were other staff members going instead (15.2%) and that “past show experience was sufficient” (3%).

One respondent writes, “I will be attending the IAHTM conference in Florida in October and had to make a choice.”

According to several respondents, only one thing marred Clean’s return to Atlanta: housing. There were reports of room reservations being lost.

“This needs to be fixed before the next one,” writes one respondent. “This was the only black mark on an otherwise excellent show.”

While the Your Views survey presents a snapshot of readers’ viewpoints at a particular moment, it should not be considered scientific. Due to rounding, percentages may not add up to 100%.

Subscribers to American Laundry News e-mails are invited to take the industry survey anonymously online each month. All managers and administrators of institutional/OPL, cooperative, commercial and industrial laundries are encouraged to participate, as a greater number of responses will help to better define operator opinions and identify industry trends.

About the author

Matt Poe

American Trade Magazines

Editor

Matt Poe is editor of American Laundry News. He can be reached at mpoe@atmags.com or 866-942-5694.

Advertisement

Latest Podcast

As laundry/linen services grow and technology advances, they look to build new plants or renovate existing structures. Find out from Ed Kwasnick of ARCO/Murray what operators are looking for in design and construction today, and into the future.

Want more? Visit the archive »

Digital Edition

Latest Classifieds