MOBILE, Ala. — Spontaneous combustion sparked a July 10 fire here at ARAMARK Uniform Services that caused an estimated $1 million in damage to the large, one-story, metal-frame building, according to Mobile fire investigators.
The fire, reported around 8 p.m., appears to have originated in the sorting and folding area.
"Investigators determined that one of the sorting containers contained a large amount of oily rags and spontaneously combusted, causing the fire," a fire-rescue department press release says.
The blaze was contained to the building and its contents, and no injuries were reported.
An update on the plant's status wasn't immediately available from ARAMARK on Wednesday.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Matt Poe at [email protected] .