SHAWNEE MISSION, Kan. — The International Association for Healthcare Textile Management (IAHTM) has announced its officers and board of directors for 2013. Officers include:
- President Ed McCauley, United Hospital Services, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Vice President Deborah Lark, Portland Hospital Service Corp., Portland, Ore.
- Education Officer Rocco Romeo, Ottawa Regional Hospital Linen Service Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
- Treasurer Paul Seigel, Kingston Regional Hospital Laundry Inc., Kingston, Ontario
- Past President John Sealey, London Hospital Linen Services, London, Ontario
- Past President Chas P. Olin, Virginia Hospital Laundry Inc., Richmond, Va.
The IAHTM Board of Directors includes three members from the United States and three from Canada. U.S. directors are Myles Noel, COMTEX, Columbus, Ohio; Mark Smoyer, Shared Hospital Services, Portsmouth, Va.; and Duane Houvener, Michigan Shared Hospital Services, Grand Rapid, Mich.
Canadian directors are Janice Desautels, WRHA, Winnipeg, Manitoba; Colin Lyon, Mohawk Shared Services Inc., Hamilton, Ontario; and Stephen Marois, Alberta Health Services, Red Deer, Alberta. Nancy Jenkins is executive director, based in Shawnee Mission, Kan.
IAHTM is composed of CEOs who run laundry cooperatives. The group is a buying cooperative and hosts two education meetings a year: a Spring Education Conference that provides training for staff and an Annual Membership Conference that provides education for members, as well as networking. Banff Springs Resort in Alberta, Canada, will host IAHTM’s next Annual Meeting in August.