FRANKFORT, Ill. — The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) recently introduced its board of directors, including four new members, for 2014.
“It is because of the active participation of our past and present board members combined with their high level of expertise that HLAC has been able to raise the standards of and ever-increasing respect for our industry,” said the Council’s new president, Gregory Gicewicz. “We can never lose sight of the fact that it’s patient safety that is the biggest beneficiary of their great and hard work.”
Joining Gicewicz, president of Sterile Surgical Systems, Tumwater, Wash., as officers are:
- Deborah R. Lark, chief operating officer, Portland (Ore.) Hospital Service Corp., as vice president.
- Robert Potack, vice president of operations, Unitex Textile Rental Services, Mt. Vernon, N.Y., as secretary/treasurer.
- Rocco Romeo, CEO, HLS Linen Services, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, as immediate past president.
- John Scherberger, CHESP, president, Healthcare Risk Mitigation, Spartanburg, S.C., as director at large.
New board members include:
- Joan Blanchard, RN, MSS, CNOR, CIC, infection prevention assistant, Littleton Adventist Hospital, Denver.
- Aaron R. Gersh, Ph.D., CHESP, MACHE, vice president, Healthcare Division, Superior Linen Service, Muskogee, Okla.
- Philip A. Sharpe, CEO, Three Brothers Development LLC dba United HLS, Alma, Ga.
- Thomas M. Scheidel, RN, BSN, CFI, CEO, Scheidel and Associates, North Richland Hills, Texas.
Board members continuing their terms in 2014 are Bradley Bushman, Standard Textile Co., Cincinnati; Myles Noel, COMTEX, Columbus, Ohio; and Sandra J. Hensley, RN, MSEM, BSN, CIC, University of Toledo Medical Center, Holland, Ohio.