MISSION, Kan. — Members of the American Reusable Textile Association (ARTA) voted earlier in the year to expand the number of directors serving on the board from five to seven. ARTA’s President Brendan O’Neill has announced the two new directors are Daniel Gelac of Kannegiesser (returning) and Jerry Martin of Prudential Overall Supply and Prudential Cleanroom Services.
Gelac of Kannegiesser Canada Inc. is a healthcare laundry executive with extensive experience. He understands the industry from both sides: as an operator and a supplier, and he has served as a director on the ARTA Board since 2017.
Martin is vice president of sales and marketing for Prudential with more than 20 years’ experience in sales, marketing and management. Martin has served as chair for the ARTA Cleanroom LCA Committee since 2014.
Earlier in the year, the membership elected two directors: Dave Balliet of HCSC and Jeff Courey of George Courey.
The complete roster for ARTA’s 2019 Board of Directors includes:
- President O’Neill of London Hospital Linen Service, Inc., London, Ontario
- 1st Vice President Barb Fordyce of Foussard Montague Associates, St. Paul, Minn.
- 2nd Vice President Gabriel Boardman of MIP, Montreal, Quebec
- Secretary Steven Tinker of Gurtler Industries Inc., South Holland, Ill.
- Treasurer Brad Bushman, Standard Textile, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Past President Ed McCauley, United Hospital Services Inc., Ind.
- Director Dave Balliet of HCSC, Allentown, Pa.
- Director Ian Bigelow of Crothall, Spring, Texas
- Director Jeff Courey of George Courey, Montreal, Quebec
- Director Scott Delin of Superior Uniform Group, Seminole, Fla.
- Director Daniel Gelac of Kannegiesser, Montreal, Quebec
- Director Jerry Martin of Prudential Overall Supply, San Diego
- Director Dan Sanchez of Medline Industries, Inc., Mundelein, Ill.
In addition, there are two non-voting positions on the board: Legislative Director Howard Zins of St. Louis and Executive Director Nancy Jenkins, of Jenkins Integrated Marketing, Mission, Kan.
ARTA will hold its next election in the spring, with results announced at Clean 2019 in New Orleans.