FRANKFORT, Ill. — The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) announced its Board of Directors for 2011 during its board meeting earlier this month.
Officers include Chairwoman Nancy Bjerke, BSN, RN, MPH, CIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) representative; Vice Chairman Rocco Romeo, CEO, HLS Linen Services; and Secretary/Treasurer Rob Potack, vice president, Unitex Textile Rental Services.
Other board members will be:
- Immediate Past Chairwoman Patti Costello, Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) representative
- Brad Bushman, Standard Textile Co., American Reusable Textile Association (ARTA) representative
- Lynne Sehulster, Ph.D., M (ASCP), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) representative
- Sandra Hensley, RN, MSEM, BSN, CIC, consumer representative
- Bill Mann, Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) representative
- Rick Kislia, chief operating officer, Crescent Laundry
- Ed McCauley, president/CEO, United Hospital Services
- Judy Reino, president, Reino Linen
- Chuck Rossmiller, CEO/general manager, Healthcare Laundry Systems/Crothall
“I am honored to be leading such a distinguished team of laundry and healthcare leaders,” says Bjerke. “Patient care and comfort remain a high priority for healthcare facilities. HLAC-accredited laundry providers offer the level of quality and consistency that directly aligns with the increasing supply-chain needs of healthcare clients.”
HLAC has accredited 120 laundries. In 2011, HLAC and the board will continue to focus on key initiatives of standards development, creation of value-added tools for accredited laundries, inspection consistency, and education to healthcare professionals at all levels, Bjerke says.