RICHMOND, Ky. — The Association for Linen Management (ALM) is set to begin a year-long series of educational webinars next week on various laundry and linen management topics.
The live webinars will be offered at 2 p.m. Eastern time on the scheduled dates. They are available for purchase per session or in packages. The schedule includes:
- Parts Are NOT Parts, Tuesday, Sept. 14 — The pros and cons of purchasing rebuilt, fabricated, and generic parts.
- Reusable Textiles: Does Being ‘Green’ Cost More ‘Green’?, Oct. 7 — Discover opportunities to improve an operation’s carbon footprint and minimize the fiscal impact.
- Laundry Production Standards, Nov. 18 — An analysis of standards and tips for improving operational outcomes.
- Infection Control on the ‘Clean Side’ of the House, Dec. 14 — A measure to assure delivery of hygienically clean textiles.
- Ozone Efficiencies, Jan. 20, 2011 — The “non-biased presentation” will feature information on developing a request for proposal (RFP), proposal evaluation, and installation of an ozone system.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Laundry Personnel, Feb. 15, 2011 — Comprehensive training specific to laundry processing personnel is promised.
- Linen Inventory Primer, March 8, 2011 — This will be a step-by-step guide through the linen-inventorying process.
- The Wonderful World of Chemistry, Parts I and II, May 12 and May 17, 2011 — This two-parter will review the wash process as taught in an ALM correspondence course.
- MSDS: What, Where and How, June 23, 2011 — A comprehensive look at Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) requirements in laundries and changes proposed by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
- Changing Attitudes Toward Healthcare Apparel, July 19, 2011 — Addresses the changing focus of healthcare facilities toward purchasing textiles.
- Head ’Em Off at the Pass: Reducing Linen Loss, Aug. 18, 2011 — Investigate opportunities to reduce linen loss.
To register, or for more information, visit www.almnet.org, and click "Education & Training."