This position is responsible for executing plant objectives including financial, safety, associate development, and quality and customer service. This position will also manage a staff of 100 full-time employees and temporary hourly employees in the production operations
This position is responsible for executing plant objectives including financial, safety, associate development, and quality and customer service. This position will also manage a staff ranging from 20-60 full-time employees in the production operations.
* Schedule adequate staff to produce required workload daily.
* Communicate effectively with Business Manager regarding anticipated potential bottle-neck areas.
* Develop and train operators of all equipment to ensure consistent performance.
* Uphold quality standards.
* Maintain department in a clean, orderly and safe fashion.
* Document and record associate production, time, safety programs and procedures.
* Participates in and leads safety meetings and ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment.
* Identifies safety improvements and leads and enforces safety standards.
* Fosters a team environment by promoting open channels of communication, building commitment to a common vision and establishing and maintaining positive communication with employees; implementing proactive measures to ensure positive associate relations to maintain a union-free environment.
* Prepares and/or maintains various logs, records, such as production, maintenance, inventory, etc.: may purchase supplies, parts and/or equipment; may assist in developing and monitoring budget.
* As needed, operates equipment and performs duties related to the successful operation of the department.
* Prepare work schedules for production employees and provide daily work assignments.
* Monitor productivity activity records.
* Assists the Business Manager in directing the overall operation of the plant, performing special projects as needed.
* Responsible for plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for the plant, and execution of plant production goals.
* Understand, observe and adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
* Effectively communicate with clients and/or responsible parties regarding shipments and deliveries.
* Create, manage and /or maintain reports via spreadsheets.
Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Education of GED, some college or formal education and training preferred.
* Moderate computer knowledge and willingness to learn new computer applications.
* Excel and spreadsheet experience is highly preferred.
Experience with employee relations and team building.
* Good analytical skills to be able to determine number of carts required for orders.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing, production, or service industry with supervisory responsibilities.
* Ability to work in a noisy fast paced environment.
* Ability to bend, stoop, push, stand, pull and walk for long periods of time.
* Ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 35 lbs.
* Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
* Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
* Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
* Must possess the following traits: proactive, risk taker, courage and the ability to accept change.
* Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable to the same.
* Demonstrated customer service, people, leadership and organization skills with a track record of achieving positive business results.
* Strong interpersonal; and communication skills.
* Positive "can do" attitude with the ability to lead a team and positively influence a team.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.