For the full job description and to apply, please visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/NOR1008NQUST/JobBoard/6fde912a-2d0d-4e4f-914a-b0074c914c29/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=adfe1899-24cf-4ab5-a26b-36cf7c10eee6
Summary of Functions
As the Plant Manager, you are responsible for leading the daily operations of a commercial laundry facility and ensuring the best product and best service to our clients. Our ideal candidate should be experienced in fast paced environments and working with healthcare and hospitality clients. This person’s responsibilities are not limited to and will include oversight of personnel, productivity, safety compliance, production planning, maintenance and equipment operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and selects, procures, receives, stores, places into service, processes, monitors usage, removes from service and disposes of all contracted washable materials.
- Manages the development and training of team members in efficiently producing a high quality linen product for healthcare and hospitality clients
- Has strong command of the financial details of the business.
- Ensures operational excellence through effective communication, strategic planning and efficient execution of all processes.
- Monitors, understands and ensures compliance to health, safety and environmental requirements and regulations as applicable to the laundry operation. (Tribal, State and Federal)
- Must work with various cleaning chemicals and solutions and comply with EPA and OSHA regulations and other safety policies of the Kalispel Tribe.
- Pursues, negotiates and executes in good faith and in consent with Director of Finance additional laundry service contracts so long as each can be reasonably accommodated and profit oriented.
- Delivers outstanding business results by aggressively managing cost and constantly creating new value through efficiency improvements.
- Is fully accountable for all management/engineers and all results associated with his/her operation and direct reports and prepares for and delivers quarterly business reviews.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer rapport and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships with clients.
- Can clearly articulate a vision and lead the team in achieving a vision.
- Establishes monthly production reports, labor control and a cost register of chemicals.
- Assists in the preparation of studies, reports, and analysis in areas such as budgets, financial plans, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Determines the tasks and hours of operation, linen handling, circulating linen levels and types, utility needs, staffing and productivity, and maintenance of equipment.
- Develops and maintains all related training guides for the different positions in the laundry operation.
- Provides overall long-term planning, direction and control to assigned accounts within a defined district to achieve goals and key business outcomes.
- Leads recruitment and development of team, ensuring high performance, talent succession planning, and team member engagement.
- Sees that all new team members are properly oriented and trained in all aspects of their new position.
- Performing minor repairs and adjustments to laundry equipment; supervising maintenance of laundry equipment.
- Knows all-operating functions of all washers (manual and automatic), towel folders, ironer/feeders and dryers.
- Knows chemicals used in washing and all associated and related hazards.
- Understands wash temperatures, formulas and gauges for control.
- Responsible for the preparation of operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Abides by all safety regulations. Uses safety equipment where required. Uses all equipment, machinery, cleaning products and materials issued strictly according to the proper methods and or instructions.
- Records, documents and reconciles daily, weekly and monthly sales of the operation.
- Conducts team member performance evaluations.
- Prepares team member work schedules based on operational needs.
- Prepares annual operating budget and assists in development of the capital budget.
- Coordinates advertising.
- Ensures integrity of the operation and is accountable for bottom line results of operation.
- Ensures control/protection of company assets.
- Ensures compliance with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians, Internal Controls, and KTEA Policies and Procedures.
- May be required to be a panelist for the Internal Review Hearings.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. You may be instructed by the General manager to perform other duties as assigned
- Manages 75 - 90 team members.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires and trains team members.
- Plans, assigns and directs work.
- Appraises performance; complaints and resolving problems.