Brittain Resorts & Hotels is growing and seeking a General Manager for our brand new, state-of-the-art centralized laundry facility in Myrtle Beach, SC. This facility will process laundry for all of our resort locations and potentially grow with other business opportunities. The facility is currently under construction and will open in early 2020. This is the perfect opportunity for a business leader that is both strategic and hands on in daily operations.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation and success of the business goals. Provides leadership for the team to execute daily objectives and goals. Ensures property management in accordance with the Company standards, state and federal regulations. Executes all policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of the operation. Responsible for the hiring, training, coaching and accountability of associates.
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the highest degree of quality service at all times, through prompt and courteous care for internal and external customers. Investigate and promptly resolve complaints and issues. Initiate corrective actions for short and long-term solutions.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, associates, and key stakeholders. Interact with others with professionalism, tact, and courtesy.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and counsel associates, following Company, state, and federal regulations.
- Lead the team in daily operations; identify successes, issues, concerns and opportunities. Celebrate successes and coach or counsel associates on any deficiencies.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the associates.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire associates to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Implement and maintain effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction with customers and associates.
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
- Understand the government regulations affecting operations; ensure the central laundry facility operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Create and follow standard operating procedures for all areas of the operation.
- Ensure all laundry equipment and vehicles are operated and maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Create budgets and manage the financial success. Complete all accounting functions on a timely basis.
- Maintain and train the proper emergency and security procedures.
We offer competitive wages and benefits and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, for this position, visit our website at www.brittainresorts.com.