MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
Primary responsibility is for managing plant operations and the related P&L. Primary objective is to achieve budget and production targets. Key metrics of achievement include client retention, distribution management, order fulfillment, product quality, employee safety and customer satisfaction. Partners with the Sales organization to grow Novo Health Services through the implementation of new customer business.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the production of linens, and disposable accessory packs.
- Implement and direct programs designed to achieve financial goals for both the facility and the organization as a whole.
- Manage the P/L Process. Develop and exceed budget targets.
- Manage the implementation initiatives of new customer business with the support of the Sales Organization.
- Oversee the tactical execution of the distribution and service of Novo Health Services products and services with the end users.
- Responsible for establishing clear goals and objectives for the entire facility.
- Implement tools to support continuous improvement which results in better customer service, lower cost, and higher product quality.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly customer business reviews outlining service objectives and monitoring goals.
- Responsible for plant-wide order entry activities and integration of production and delivery schedules. Prepare and evaluate future build schedule data, working with the sales function to obtain sales order or projection information anticipating future workload requirements and proper staffing levels.
- Drive improvement of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) which reflect performance levels for the operation. These include safety, financial, production, human capital, quality, engineering, client satisfaction and retention and inventory control objectives.
- Monitor inventory levels to identify and take corrective action on matters relating to potential inventory shortages created as a result of new business, scrap, or any customer turn issue which may exist.
- Manage all aspects of employee safety within the Novo Health Services facility.
- Oversee facility engineering, preventive maintenance, custodial and general building upkeep.
- Support implementation of “green” initiatives that enhance the image of Novo Health Services as an environmentally friendly corporation.
- Train and coach members of the facility management team to create an environment which encourages employee participation at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all government or Novo Health Services mandated programs including, but not limited to, directives identified in the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), employee training manual, the Novo Health Services Employee Handbook, and OSHA.
- Able to adhere and lead others in the company’s Cultural Objectives and Obligations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Cont’d
- Create and foster an environment which produces operational transparency in supporting the sales functions.
- Perform other duties and projects as required.
- Work is performed in an environmentally controlled factory environment with limited exposure to noise and biohazards.
- Travel required up to 10% of time.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (List the minimum requirements for the position.)
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years warehousing and/or management experience with progressively increasing responsibility in a sophisticated, industry- leading manufacturing or process-oriented operation.
- At least 3 years at a senior level production or plant management level.
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent financial awareness.
- Strong computer skills required; excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously (multitask) and move them all towards resolution.
- Strong demonstrated depth of understanding related to production processes and control.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently when required. Ability to set priorities, demonstrate flexibility, multi-task and meet deadlines. Good time management skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret written requirements to assure adherence to documented procedures.
- Ability to interpret and implement device GMP’s/QSR.
- Demonstrated understanding of the distribution process with a moderate level of DOT understanding preferred.
- Experience in problem solving and root cause analysis, Lean Six Sigma experience preferred (Green Belt or higher).
- Exhibit strong leadership skills with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated quality focus and customer centric service background strongly preferred
- Detailed-oriented with proven organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of communicating and coordinating with multiple departments.
- Act as a team player.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: (List the minimum requirements for the position.)
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Degree in Industrial Management, or related disciplines preferred.