The Laundry Manager is responsible for day to day operations of the Laundry department, delivering an excellent guest experience while managing par levels and vendor relationships. The Laundry Manager is also responsible for team performance including training, performance evaluations, scheduling, and supervising.
- Develop and execute operating standards and polices to run an efficient and cost effective laundry facility.
- Devise and implement effective washing formulas for stained loads in conjunction with an approved chemical vendor.
- Ensure that the washing, drying, and folding procedure for Hotel, Spa, and Food & Beverage linens, terry, and robes meet presentation standards.
- Direct the maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment, and coordinate routine maintenance and repairs with the Engineering department.
- Oversee the laundry equipment preventive maintenance program.
- Prepare annual Laundry department budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Responsible for overall control and supervision of the department.
- Direct daily activities of all Laundry employees.
- Approve Laundry employee schedules.
- Hire and train new Laundry employees.
- Organize ongoing training for all Laundry employees.
- Conduct departmental meetings with team.
- Organize training and coordination with supporting departments.
- Record and monitor laundry cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
- Approve distribution of linen to Guest rooms and Food and Beverage areas.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience managing entry-level employees.
- Two (2) years of housekeeping and/or laundry management experience in the hotel industry.
- Experience in team management.
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish languages is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team, and management in both written and verbal form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow employees.
- Working experience using a computer and familiarity with hotel computer applications.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
To apply please send resume to Careers916@gmail.com. Clean drug and background required.