Under limited supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of industrial washers, dryers and equipment; performs related work as assigned.
Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs equipment, performs inspections and preventive maintenance of equipment. Prepares and maintains records and reports
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List the typical duties and responsibilities of the job in order of importance.
Considerable knowledge of:
1) Able to replace electrical and mechanical components on machinery in a high volume laundry with some direction.
2) Learn to read electrical and electronic schematics.
3) Perform preventive maintenance tasks without supervision.
4) Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical faults in all laundry equipment with some direction.
5) Able to perform all opening and closing tasks.
6) Perform minor welding.
7) Flexible to assist in the performance of some housekeeping duties around the plant. Work overtime and various shifts when requested.
8) Teach Mechanic I how to do PM’s and basic troubleshooting, and open/close.
9) Fill out parts request by looking up part in manufacturer’s parts book.
10) Maintain all necessary logs in proper operational parameters.
11) Perform minor project work.
12) Perform minor plumbing jobs.
Summarize the typical qualifications in terms of education, years of related experience and other additional technical/professional/trade competencies of this job.
Two years of experience and/or training in industrial/commercial laundry equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent l
Years of Related Experience: 2 Years
Skill in: Use of power and hand tools.
· Use of diagnostic equipment.
· Acetylene and electric arc welding.
· Operation of machine and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
· Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
· Diagnose problems and make repairs.
· Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
· Prepare and maintain records and reports.
· Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.