Company: Applied Silver
Applied Silver, Inc., has developed a revolutionary long lasting, environmentally friendly antimicrobial treatment for laundered textile products that effectively provides persistent efficacy to textiles. The company’s product, SilvaClean® kills harmful bacteria, mold and mildew on treated textiles and has been successfully deployed in infection prevention programs for healthcare and sports thereby creating a new standard of “hygiene” in textiles. Applied Silver’s SC4700 system is a smart dosing device enabled by IoT and serviced via industrial laundries to deliver SilvaClean treatment to textiles. Applied Silver offers unique ground floor opportunity for a field service engineer critical to the Company’s success. Applied Silver is located in Hayward, CA at the junction of 880 and the San Mateo Bridge with easy access from both sides of the San Francisco Bay.
For additional information, please visit www.appliedsilver.com
Position Summary: The Field Service Engineer Manager position will lead technical customer support for Applied Silver’s SC4700 system and service including installations, maintenance and technical account management. The position will be based in Hayward, CA and will require up to 50% travel.
- Manage Field Service Team
- Manage installation and site visit schedules between external and internal stakeholders
- Install, repair and maintain SC4700 systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair system problems
- Create and maintain equipment service logs, reports and site-specific binders
- Provide training at customer sites
- Maintain accurate service spares inventory
- Maintain PM procedures for equipment
- Support Applied Silver Operations as needed
- Must have personal values aligned with company mission and culture
- Must be a self-starter – able to enact proactive leadership internally and externally
- Has hands-on experience in capital equipment installations in healthcare and industrial environments
- Has experience in basic microprocessor and PLC programming and control.
- Has a good understanding of electrical and machine networking operations.
- Has computer literacy and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Must maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with customers as the face of the company
- Must be a fast learner with ability to adapt to a high-paced environment
- Must have prior experience managing field service teams
- BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry