Novo Health Systems has been experiencing explosive growth with two major acquisitions of competitors in the last year. We are not done yet, as plans are to expand our business in the Miami market by the end of this year. Meanwhile our Nashville operation is currently seeking a Chief Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities are:
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the facility.
- Schedule emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical advice, encouragement, and instruction to subordinates in such areas as mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with AES standards.
- Coordinate facility projects as requested by customer (window washing, garage cleaning, roof repair, etc.).
- Knowledge of, and experience with the location and function of building life safety systems including controls panels, smoke / duct detectors, sprinkler systems, pull stations, strobe lights, horns, fire doors, etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
- Ensures that the general safety, and fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility.
- Personally leads safety training initiatives, ensuring compliance with safety indoctrination training, and continuing safety training.
- Make sure staff and any subcontractors meet plant’s requirements
- Establish a safety sensitive culture in team.
- Help enforce safety culture through site and subs that perform work on site
- Manage site operations and permits including (JSA, work permit, hot work, roof, etc.)
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulation long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
- Participate in site operations and project meetings as requested.
- Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quantity of performance, and evaluates results.
- Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with supervisors and employees.
- Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes.
- Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering personnel.
- Ensures that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- Schedules engineering staff for regular workday, holiday, vacation, vacation relief, and emergency call out.
- Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility related issues.
- Works with management on customer related issues.
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment with staff.
- Builds morale and team approach.
- Understand, observe and adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate Engineering discipline preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience in Engineering or related scientific field, including lead or supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skilled in managing large/complex engineering projects
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 30 pounds.
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skilled in supervising, evaluating, training, and motivating employees.
- Demonstrated customer service, people, leadership, and organization skills with track record of achieving positive business results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Advanced degree or Professional Engineering (PE) Certification preferred but not
High School or better.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
5-7 years: Experience in Engineering or related scientific field, including lead or supervisory experience.