For the full job description and to apply, please visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/NOR1008NQUST/JobBoard/6fde912a-2d0d-4e4f-914a-b0074c914c29/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3c624f24-3ec8-4b2d-8004-e7ccb5b21330
Summary of functions
This position is responsible for leading the safety program within the laundry plant, ensuring compliance in environmental and safety matters and for equipment and facility maintenance/repair. The Senior Engineer also manages utility consumption, operation of boilers, purchasing of parts and service, service center layout and equipment install and maintenance to support optimum customer service. The Senior Engineer also holds primary responsibility for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the service center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and ensures compliance to health, safety and environmental requirements and regulations as applicable to the laundry operation. (Tribal, State and Federal)
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of all the equipment within the operation through the direction of maintenance personnel.
- Maintain constant interaction with supervisors and managers, as well service center associates in order to maintain awareness of service activities.
- Purchase parts, equipment, and services to support operations within budget.
- Utilize the company provided preventative Maintenance Software (HippoFM) to insure machinery remains in optimal condition.
- Knows chemicals used in washing and all associated and related hazards.
- Manage utilities consumption and ensure efficient boiler operation.
- Abides all safety regulations. Uses safety equipment where required. Uses all equipment, machinery, cleaning products and materials issued strictly according to the proper methods and or instructions.
- The ability to read and troubleshoot electrical, plumbing, and machine manuals and schematics.
- Responsible for maintenance staff training in all aspects of industrial maintenance and safety.
- Responsible for on time startup and shutdown of the facility.
- Responsible to maintain adequate and organized parts inventory and source best overall pricing of the required parts and supplies.
- Follow and enforce exposure control procedures within the service center, especially concerning maintenance in the soil sort and wash areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular good attendance record.
- Ensures control/protection of company assets.
- Ensures compliance with Kalispel Tribe of Indians, Internal Controls, and KTEA Policies and Procedures.
- Available and willing to work any changes in hours deemed necessary for business Levels.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. You may be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.
- 7 plus years’ experience in a fast paced manufacturing setting- High speed manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Milnor, Jensen and Chicago laundry equipment.
- Advanced mechanical/electrical skills
- Must have experience in the following areas.
- Equipment Maintenance and repair
- Electrical/ Electronic (480V)
- Mechanical (conveyors, high and low pressure steam, plumbing and hydraulics).
- Skill in solving practical problems in a high demand position.
- Must have over a million BTU boilers License
- Excellent organization skills, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to be proactive and remain positive in a multi-tasking, high demand position.
- Flexible with scheduling to operations demands.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.