Our new commercial hospitality laundry in Atlanta, GA is seeking a proven individual to fill the role of Chief Engineer and General Manager. Salary will be commensurate with experience, ranges from $72,500-$85,000/yr. plus bonus based on performance. Paid time off benefits and relocation package.
The focus of this position is to manage all aspects of the plant operations including Plant productivity, safety compliance, production planning, preventative maintenance, capital expenditures, and energy conservation. Additional focus to include production forecasting, vendor negotiations, plant improvements, cost reduction and administrative compliance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
•Develops effective planning, scheduling and evaluating of P.M program, financial management and energy control.
• PLC, Electrical, Hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical troubleshooting -conveyors, boilers, steam, and plumbing.
•Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures.
• Insures adequate inventories of supplies and approved requisitions for equipment, supplies through established procurement process.
• Manage and assure Plant is operating within OSHA guidelines and standards. Execute and manage company Safety commitments and regulations. Prepares and manages departmental budgets, including utilities energy savings program.
• Purchase parts, equipment, and services adhering to planned company budget with collaboration with VP of Finance. Prepares, distributes and maintains a variety of departmental records and management reports.
• Monitors work performance and prepares and/or reviews performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
• Prepares schedules for Maintenance Engineering Department and approves PTO requests
•Partner with Ecolab in the coordination of the chemical inventory to ensure correct titration of chemicals and total chemical usage.
Maintain open communication channels and foster an engaging work environment. Conduct production Quality audits to assure quality standards are met to provide 100% Customer Satisfaction. Orients new employees and provides on-the-job training to assigned personnel.
• Handles the procurement of all repair parts for routine preventative, emergency repairs
• Develops relationships with all parts vendors and local repair and service vendors.
• Installation of all new equipment acquired
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Effective written and verbal communications. Computer literacy. Strong human relations skills to provide leadership Ability to multi-tasks and establish priorities. Ability to adapt and maintain organization in an evolving and changing environment. Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership. Ability to utilize knowledge of working environment to meet established company goals and objectives. Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures. Must be capable of reading electrical schematics, mechanical and plumbing blue prints. Good working knowledge all aspects of plant maintenance to include but not limited to; Electrical, Miura Boilers, Hydraulics, Compressed Air, Mechanical Equipment.
Education: B.A or B.S. in Engineering or related field preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years within the commercial laundry services industry. 2-3 years in management position and leader of people.