Novo Health Services, one of the nation's leaders in the supplying of sterile linen to hospitals and medical centers has a high visibility, leadership opportunity at its Richmond, Virginia depot.
Oversee the reprocessing of linen, and disposable accessory packs. The Business Manager will establish clear goals and objectives and develop/implement operations plans using a systematic approach to continuous improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assist in directing and coordinating production and other related activities for the facility to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations while maintaining a quality focus.
- Develop and update delivery logistics for customers to maximize efficiency.
- Keep and maintain driver qualification files, trip logs, and other documents. Ensure vehicle preventative maintenance schedule is kept and documented. Review and approve all Service Schedules submitted by Distribution Supervisor.
- As needed, support Customer Service efforts resolving distribution, service and/or quality issues in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for plant-wide MRP coordination and integration of production and delivery schedules. Prepare and evaluate future build schedule data, working with the sales function to obtain sales order or projection information, anticipating future workload requirements and proper staffing levels.
- Monitor inventory levels and maintain the control of linen inventory through a computerized bar code system. Identify and take corrective action on matters relating to potential inventory shortages created as a result of new business, loss, scrap, or any customer turn issues that may exist.
- Provide direct supervision of one or more of the following: service drivers, shipping, production and receiving personnel. Conduct employee performance reviews and recommend wage adjustments to Plant Manager.
- Make recommendations or decisions concerning facility, production or plant processes that will result in process improvements or operational enhancements while maintaining established quality standards. Make recommendations or decisions that would improve employee relations within the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all government programs including, but not limited to, directives identified in the employee training manual, HR Policy and Procedure manual, Safety Compliance and OSHA.
- Other duties may be required and/or assigned.
Direct supervision of service, laundry, production, sterilization, packaging associates.
Work is performed in an environmentally controlled factory environment with limited exposure to noise
Minimum of 7 years experience of progressively increasing responsibility in production management with at least 3 years as a senior-level Business Manager required. Candidate must have at least 3-5 years in a warehouse/distribution environment.
Healthcare industry experience is preferred. Proven track record of successful and cost-effective management of a manufacturing facility preferred. Working knowledge of P&L statements preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Industrial Management, Engineering Operations Management or related industries preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Good depth of understanding related to production processes and control.
- Quality minded. Lean Six Sigma experience– (Green Belt preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Exhibit leadership ability with a strong work ethic.
- CRM software skills..
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal--10%